Make and like a post for your chance to win an iPhone 6S 16GB for the Holidays! #TheGreatCanadianiPhoneHolidayGiveaway

How hard is architecture at Carleton and Ryerson?

Hi People! I'm from Toronto and currently in gr. 12 and applying for Ryerson and Carleton's architecture programs. I also plan on applying for the environmental design program at OCAD. My main goal for the time being is to get into Carleton - and I think it has an average cut-off of 73-77%.

Here's what my marks are shaping up to be:

English: 78%
Advanced Functions: 74%
Physics: 64%
Technological Design: 84%

That will give me a 74% average or so for sem. 1 and I'm taking a bunch of bird courses that are pretty easy in my opinion lol (art, french, and phys ed). I should be able to manage at least an A- next semester.

I'm wondering if my 64% in physicals will really affect my chance at acceptance, even though I'll probably have at least an 80% overall? Or will they just check out my overall average and not individual marks? Like I said, the cut off average is 73% to 77%, and I know that they also consider my ECs which are pretty solid. I'm worried that my 64% will be a sore thumb and cause trouble for the rest of my application. Thoughts?