Make and like a post for your chance to win an iPhone 6S 16GB for the Holidays! #TheGreatCanadianiPhoneHolidayGiveaway

Getting into Med School

I'm heading into third year next September in Ontario for an undergraduate engineering program.

I've always been interested in medicine, so I'm thinking of maybe applying to Ontario medical schools in my 4th so that I can have more options available to me in case I'd like to go there.

My concern is that I'm not the most confident person in my ability to maintain a very competitive GPA. I had about a 3.75 right now in my undergrad. I test well, though, and hope to have a 31+ on the MCAT.

I'm also considering maybe going to school in the states, so I'm taking addtl pre-req's for most of them over the summer in order to have that option open.

My questions is whether or not I have a realistic chance at getting into med school in either Ontario or the U.S. with a below-average GPA score - maybe around 3.7, a very good MCAT, and a pretty good application (extra-currics, refs., etc.). I've got a lot of electives so I'm hoping I can improve my GPA too!

I may also consider physio or other programs down the road.
Tagged: