Make and like a post for your chance to win an iPhone 6S 16GB for the Holidays! #TheGreatCanadianiPhoneHolidayGiveaway

What to do in Life?

Ok so I see high school kids talk about going into psychology or medical schools, and I think to myself, "well I will be seeing you in four years making my coffee". So I have to write this, because I fell for the trap. Every year high school kids think about going to university and spending thousands of dollars to study a hobby. I went to queens commerce for my undergrad, and learned the hard way. College majors such as English, political science, business, social sciences, humanities, psychology are all scams(to the most part). In this forum, business major seems to be the most popular, as I was one a couple of years ago. When I got accepted, I was really because I heard all the good stories of students going to work at big financial and consulting firms. This is not true.

In these so called " top Canadian business schools", the students are misinformed. Only a few and I mean a few go work in these big firms, while the rest works at crappy places. Today, everyone has a business major, so the job market is sh*t. Majors like English and humanities, are the biggest scam also, because high school kids think they are hoping to be the next Shakespeare, but instead they will be making sandwiches at McDonalds. Also pre med is another scam. If you major in biology, but do not get into med school, you are then useless. Unless you spend 5-6 years getting a PhD, your bio degree has 0 value. As the job market gets tougher and tougher, people need to realize that only a handful of college majors make the student more valuable.

Examples, such as engineering, accounting and computer science. I wanted to rant about this because High school kids need to know about the trap of university majors.
Tagged: